By Phillip Smith
I want to try to dispel some of those wrong teachings as nicely as I can by rightly dividing the word between what is essential fact & fiction.
1. The devil is not a fire breathing dragon as depicted in the book of Revelation. The story related in Chapter 12 is an allegory showing how big he has gotten in our carnal minds since his humble beginnings in the garden of Eden as a little deceiving serpent.
2. Israel is not the target of God’s affection. Israel had the Law, the covenant, the temple, the promises, and the chance to be priests to the world. They crucified the Lord of Glory, and God destroyed their temple. Their final chapter was in 70 AD when God sent Titus to destroy Jerusalem stone by stone.
3. There is not a 3rd covenant with Israel. The cross is all the covenant they will get just like the Gentiles.
4. There will not be a rebuilt temple with animal sacrifices. Even if it is, it will be an abomination to God as the supreme lamb of God has already been slain. We are the Temple of God made without hands. And there are no more sacrifices for sin.
5. All Israel will be saved. But, not like you think. You are now the spiritual Israel of God. All of God’s promises are fulfilled in you and all those who go through the cross, both Jew and Gentile.
6. Armageddeon is not the place of the war to end all wars. There have been several conflicts in the field of Megiddo, none of which ended the world nor will it end the world in the future. We may have wars for the next 1000 years, but none spell the demise of planet Earth. The heavens and earth will remain forever.
7. The Antichrist is not A MAN OF SIN who is to rule the world. There is no such thing. You have got to quit looking for him. The man of sin is the Adamic nature in all men who opposes and is against all things of Christ. He rules in our hearts until Christ is formed in us. We were born in sin with his Adamic nature. Now we have been born of Christ, and are now a spiritual being.
8. The Bible doesn’t teach that we will go to heaven when we die. When we are born again, we inherit eternal life and are like God.
9. Heaven is not some far off planet in some 3rd Galaxy or Heaven in outer space. Jesus ascended into the clouds right here on earth. God dwells in this realm of heaven between earth and the clouds. He is omnipresent, mostly the kingdom of Heaven is within you.
10. There is no such thing as a “Rapture” of the church. Adam and Eve started right here having dominion on Earth. Jesus’ ministry was right here on Earth, and our dominion restored is right here on Earth. We are not going anywhere. The knowledge of the glory of the Lord will cover the Earth as the waters cover the seas. Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
11. The Book of Revelation can be interpreted literally. Wrong! It is highly symbolic, allegorical, mystical, and can only be interpreted by the spirit. No carnal or natural understanding is possible and get anything but fairy tales.
12. Daniel 9 was not about the antichrist. Daniel 9 was fulfilled with the timing accurately of the crucifixion of Christ, and the ultimate destruction of Jerusalem.
13. Matthew 24 is not about the end of the world. It is about the destruction of Jerusalem which was fulfilled in 70 AD. Matthew 24 cannot be used as future prophetic implications concerning Christ’s church at all. THE END was in their lifetime not ours, and the destruction was the end of Israel’s influence in the Earth.
14. The Book of Revelation is not a future prophecy. The Book of Revelation is the revelation or the revealing and unveiling of the Son of God, the manifestation of the 7 churches which is his body, and the revealing of the mature Sons of God who will rule the world with a rod of iron. (Teach & Lead with a shepherd’s crook).
15. The Feast of Tabernacles is yet to be fulfilled. Wrong! All the feasts of Israel have been fulfilled, including the Feast of Tabernacle. The veil of the temple has been rent in twain from top to bottom, and we as high priests can go boldly in by the blood of Jesus. We can now enter the inner sanctum, the holy of holies, and look upon his face.
16. We must still observe Jewish festival, feasts, holy days, and months and times. Wrong! All the feasts, holy days, festivals are but shadows of things to come, but the body is of Christ.
17. We must observe and keep the Law or at least part of it to be saved. Wrong! We are saved by Grace through Faith. End of story. You cannot add anything to the cross.
18. The devil is alive and well and destroying the Church. Only in part. Christ was manifested to destroy the works of the devil. He only goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he MAY devour. For those that know the finished work of Christ, he has no power.
19. The church must go through 7 years of tribulation. Wrong! There is no 7 years of tribulation for the NOW Church. The 7 years of tribulation was fulfilled between Daniel 9:25 to 27 from the time Christ was manifest to his crucifixion. Will we have tribulations? Of course! The church has always had tribulations and trials even as it is today throughout the world, but it is not the great tribulation of Christ’s time.
20. Blood moons, tetrads, Feast days, Shemitah and any other signs are signs of Christ’s return. Wrong! None of these have anything to do with the return of Christ. There was a blood moon when Jersusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, but it was not a sign then nor is it now other than a natural physical occurrence at that moment. The prophet Joel and Matthew talked of the moon turning to blood when the great and terrible day of the Lord should come. It has been fulfilled.
21. After Christ gets through building our mansions, he will come and get us that where he is, we may be also. Wrong! Jesus has not been on planet heaven building each of us a house of glory for 2000 years. He has been busy building his house on earth which is us, his church, and he lives within us and abides with us now.
22. We are losing the battle to the devil. Wrong! The known earth in Jesus’ time had 300 million inhabitants. There were 12 disciples. That is .000004% of the world’s population. Today, 2000 years later, the population of the earth is 7.2 billion people and there are 2.2 billion Christians. That is over 30% of the total, and we are the fastest growing religion in the world. Expect between 50 % to 75% in the next 500 years as the church expands in an upward geometric progression. Total Righteousness will surely fill the earth in the next millenium.